What should I do if I suspect abuse, neglect, or exploitation of a vulnerable adult West Virginian?

Adult Protective Services (APS), a division of the WV Department of Health and Human Resources (WVDHHR), provides investigation, assessment, and time-limited case management services intended to protect incapacitated adults from abuse and neglect. Anyone who has reason to suspect abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation of an incapacitated adult can make a report to APS by calling the abuse hotline at 1-800-352-6513. 

Abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation are all crimes. You can report these crimes to local or state law enforcement for investigation.  

For more information, see: W. Va. Code §44A-3-11 (2015)