What should I do if I am being abused, neglected, or financially exploited?

If you are a victim of abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation, care for your own safety first. You may get help by calling the WV Elder Abuse Hotline at 1-800-352-6513. If you suspect you have been financially exploited call your financial institution immediately, contact local or state law enforcement to report the crime. If you are a resident of a long term care facility you can contact the WV Long-term Care Ombudsman Program at 1-800-834-0598. For civil legal assistance West Virginians age 60 and over may contact West Virginia Senior Legal Aid at 1-800-229-5068