APPENDIX A:How to File A Consumer Complaint

(Taken from:, last visited June 15, 2015) 

If you have a complaint about a product or service and have been unable to resolve the dispute yourself, you may file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of The West Virginia Office of the Attorney General.

(A) Complete all pages of the attached consumer complaint form, use additional paper if necessary. Answer all questions fully, correctly, and truthfully. Please print clearly in ink or type.  

(B) Please send COPIES – front and back – of all documents or other papers that may relate to your complaint. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS. Examples of papers you should copy and send are: contracts, financial disclosure statements, payment receipts, credit card receipts or statements, canceled checks, sales slips, order blanks, warranties, repair records or estimates, letters between you and the business, and any papers you have signed. 

(C) When describing your complaint, please explain all the important events in the order in which they occurred. Please provide dates whenever possible. Tell us the facts about your complaint rather than your feelings about what happened. If you need additional space to tell what happened, please continue on a separate page and attach it to your complaint. 

(D) Return or mail the completed Consumer Complaint form and copies of your papers to: 

Office of the Attorney General 

Consumer Protection Division 

P.O. Box 1789 

Charleston, WV 25326-1789 

(E) If you have any further questions about how to file your complaint, 

Toll free: 1 (800) 368-8808 

Telephone: 1 (304) 558-8986  


Find us on the web at: